School Energy Managers on School Energy Management
This K-12 Energy Management Workshop will provide an opportunity for energy managers, as well as anyone else interested in greening schools, to learn about the latest best practices in K-12 energy management. Much of the workshop content will be provided by energy managers who have or are currently implementing successful programs in their school district. They will explain how they have navigated and overcome obstacles and barriers and successfully implemented energy management programs. They will focus on energy data management and benchmarking, low cost/no cost strategies; behavioral management programs and capital improvement projects. The workshop will also provide details on how to implement renewable energy projects at a school district and the associated educational benefits. The expected outcome of this workshop is to have attendees leave with actionable steps that can be quickly implemented at their respective school district.
- Strategies for effective energy data management and benchmarking;
- How to implement low cost/no cost strategies including retro-commissioning, continuous commissioning, preventative maintenance;
- How to implement an effective behavioral management program;
- How to develop effective capital project strategies: working with key decision makers to ensure energy efficiency is considered for equipment replacement, as well as major renovation and construction projects;
- Strategies for developing and implementing renewable energy projects at school districts; primary focus will be on solar.
Jennifer DuPlessis, MBA, CEM, ATEM – Energy Manager, Arlington ISDDanny Helm – Energy Specialist, Arlington ISDChad Corbitt, CEM – Energy Manager, Klein ISDRobin La Salle Rose, CEM, LEED GA – Assistant Director of Energy Management and HVAC, Dallas ISDGlen Rhoden, CEM, ATEM – Energy Manager, Houston ISDVince Zubicek – Schneider ElectricGavin Dillingham, PhD – HARC
Marya Fowler – National Wildlife Federation